saving the economy

Anyone think of the prisons being a start to cutting back on money. I mean thay have t.v's the have workout equipment. they get their three meals a day, thats needed of course. Sometimes I wouldn't mind going there. It's free and most of them have it made.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I might suggest that 15% of the population incarcerated at any given time is ... a bit costly, no matter what they have or don't have 'in there'.

Flatten the laws and take the stupid ones off the books. Stop prosecuting victimless crimes, particularly the kind that involve adults making choices that harm only themselves.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Prisoners should be working. I hated living in MS, but some of those lawmen knew what the hell they were doing. MS is a very poor state and had to use prisoners for work. Otherwise the garbage never got picked up. The citizens were too lazy to do anything with it that was for sure.
    Paving roads, picking up garbage, cleaning up after fairs, rodeos, maintenance on the courthouse and all government buildings. With Sheriff and shotguns nearby. I have no problem going down a clean highway that a chain gang just cleaned, watching my garbage being picked up by a Striper seems normal. Having a prisoner open the courthouse door for you in Tate County was a daily thing.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sure, that prison in Texas that feeds baloney sandwiches and makes them sleep in tents has the right idea in my book.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yeah, that's the place to be....PRISON!......lol
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think they should make inmates work for their food and the rest. They should contribute to society while doing time. What happened to stamping licence plates? LOL!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Good point OP..I have absolutely no grips about taking luxeries away from inmates.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Are you kidding me prison is no resort. They are humans too you know we cant treat them like animals. Besides I doubt they got high tech equipment in there. geesh

MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 12:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• gripes*
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• mommy tanisha- I didn't say treat them like animals. But do punish them for what they have done. Yes, some prisons do have that kind of stuff. I visited one for about two years. I'm not saying they are all like that, but some are.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010