Anyone ever dealt with whooping cough? What helped the most?

Doctor says just wait it out. What else can I do to ease the coughing? My throat is killing me.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• Try Gypsy Cold Tea with honey. You can buy it at most grocery stores. It's made by Traditional Medicinals. It won't shorten the length of your whooping cough, but it will help soothe your throat. Good luck mama!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Thanks! :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Alternate hot and cold. Stay away from dairy or anything salty. I would also get a warm humidifier. If you can stand it vicks helps too.
    I would also disinfect everything in your house. If it's actual full blown whooping cough then it's highly contagious. Also try to take it easy (oximoron I know lol) any strenuous activity could agitate your throat. Good Luck momma hope you get better!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010