Parenting Advice

how to have patients with your small children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You take deep breaths, count to 10 or 20, and gather some up in the process, they are small and are learning just as you are learning how to cope with it all, this too shall pass mom.

Answer by older at 12:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Give your self time, and sometimes take a little break. Good luck!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think sometimes you just need to remind yourself that they are small and CURIOUS. They feed off of learning in any possible way, especially asking repeated questions. Also, I just remind myself that I'd rather them be active as in (getting into things, making mess with their toys, asking all these questions) than to have them sick in bed as a dog doing nothing and seeing them suffer. Them being kids just means they are healthy.
    simpleesr23

Answer by simpleesr23 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Funny I always thought I was a patient person before my son and now know I am truely learning the meaning.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 12:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It is only possible to be patient with young children when you are intent on training them to be obedient, respectful children. When you have that as your goal, it is far easier to understand that they have not yet attained it. To expect to be patient with behavior that you have no plan for altering is to be totally unrealistic.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i keep telling myself that shes little, but sometimes its really hard.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 6:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• oh mama, that's hard, i pray for patience from God everyday and it seems to only get tougher. only people in the street notice how patient i am around my super active 4 year old and my now 8 month old.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• just be kind take a few deep breaths and say that everything is going to be ok.
    briannaann

Answer by briannaann at 10:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• When i need a time out i put my kids in their room put the baby monitor on and go in my room and cool down.. i dont come out until i can think level headed..
    MoylanMommie2

Answer by MoylanMommie2 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010