Will my OB doctor call me in something for a toothache?

Hi all... I will be 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow, im being induced next week on Wednesday. I woke up yesterday with the WORST toothache i've ever gotten in my life. I called my dentist, and they told me i would need to bring a note from my doctor to even be seen about the toothache because i was so far along in my pregnancy, my doctor may not want me to get it pulled untill after i have her. - Im waiting until they come back from lunch to ask them. Should I ask for him to write me something for my toothache, or should I just ask to go to the dentist? What do most ob's do in this situation?

expectinggracey

Asked by expectinggracey at 12:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you can tke a tylenol, take a tylenol. more than likely your ob won't call somethiing in b/c it's not related to your pregnancy
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 12:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i had a horrible toothache with my 3rd. turns out the nerve of one of my wisdom teeth was exposed - worst, most excruciating pain i have ever experienced.

first i called the dentist. and, like you, was told i needed a note from my ob. so i got a note from them and it just said what medications were safe and what procedures were safe. i could've gotten the tooth removed, but with less numbing meds. i think they would've only given me the novocaine shot. they cannot give laughing gas or iv meds. i chickened out though and didn't get it removed til after i had her.

if i were you i'd ask for the note and go see the dentist, if you want it removed now. your ob can probably prescribe you a safe pain med if you want to wait on getting it pulled.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010