Why are republicans so obsessed with Palin?

Sarah Palin raised $469,000 between Oct. 13 and Nov. 22 bringing her total for the cycle to just under $4.5 million, Tim Crawford, SarahPAC's treasurer, told TIME exclusively. Crawford attributed the surge of funds to energy surrounding the midterm elections, Palin's endorsements and her TLC reality show Sarah Palin's Alaska. Her second book, America By Heart, came out Nov. 23.

The PAC spent $64,000 buying advance copies of her books, "just as we did last year" with her first book, Going Rogue, Crawford said. "They're a great fundraising tool for us." Palin is in the midst of a two-week cross-country book tour. (See photos of Sarah Palin's new reality show.)

Overall the PAC spent $581,000 between Oct. 13 and Nov. 22. A larger percentage than normal was spent on contributions to political candidates, $244,000, as Palin tried to help her 81 endorsed candidates over the Nov. 2 finish line. Fifty-five of them won. (Read about Sarah Palin living large since leaving office.)

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• All of the $469,000 was raised online or through direct mail. The former Alaska governor has had only two fundraisers for her PAC this year - the last one this past summer - compared to Mitt Romney's nine.

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• For the same reason Dems are obsessed with Obama.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Why is it all Republicans are supposed to be obssesed with her. I am a Rep. and i'm not obssesed with her. In my opinion all people in politics have done something wrong. Heard the phrase noone is perfect? I think she has done mistakes, but some good things to. Like I said who hasn't. Obama he has done some good and some bad. Just get off it already.
    Anonymous

• I am a registered democrat and I love Palin!!!! "Don't retreat just reload....." I JUST LOVE HER!!!

I actually wore a pin during the elections that said "another democrat for Palin" lol Fun stuff

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• IMO, R's are very interested in keeping SP occupied and busy- Collectively, they'll do and encourage any activity that keeps her away from the top position. SP's name on the presidential ballot will only hurt Rs in the long run- I think most would agree-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I wish most would agree, but I'm not holding my breath.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 12:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I agree with you Sister. I do have to wonder how supporting someone politically equals an obsession or is this a continuation of all the other Palin questions?
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

lol..one is the POTUS....lol...no comparison

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

you betcha'....its hilarious that one group claims the other is obsessed with her while they are making her millions and keeping her in the public eye....

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I am a registered Dem and I would vote for her over Obama any day of the week. Am I obessesed? Nope, but I do like one much better than the other. That's okay, because there are oodles of people here that are obsessed with Obama. To each her own.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010