Goopy eyes?

My 3 yr old son has woken up with his eye's crusted closed. Once I clean them out he's fine but I have to take a clean cloth to his eyes every hour or so to clean out the gooey "sleep". I know it's not pink eye I've already done my research on that. Do you guys have any idea what it could be?

2murphyboys

Asked by 2murphyboys at 12:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• Allergies. Wash his bedding, vacuum & dust his room. Use Visine Allergy drops in his eyes. You can also rinse his eyes out with Saline Solution.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• sounds like allergies to me. I don't know that there is much you can do. you don't want to give medication just for that. Just keep his eyes clean and if it continues for more than a day or two call your pedi
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 12:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• hey my eyes do the same thing, its allergies alright! Get him allergy tested and on an allergy regimin(medication, and or allergy shots)..eye drops help some but most kids wont hold still for them.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 3:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Thanks guys. That's what I was thinking unfortunately his school still made him stay home today but that's alright. I'm going to try and get my DH to stay home tomorrow with our 2 other boys and get him to the doc.
    2murphyboys

Comment by 2murphyboys (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• How do you know it's not pink eye if you haven't taken him to the doctor? A person can have pink eye without the eye being red or pink at all. NO ONE can tell you for certain except a doctor. Pink eye is HIGHLY contagious. He could also have allergies. It is good that you are reseraching but only a doctor can tell you for certain.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I know it's not pink eye because it's contagious. I have 3 kids so if it were pink eye all of them would have it by now.
    2murphyboys

Comment by 2murphyboys (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010