Tell me your pros and cons on the change this election will bring to America?

I believe it could bring unity and hope to our young people who thought there was a limit to what they could accomplish in their life, they now can say, YES I CAN. I also fear for him and his family because of the hate that will also show face and lurk in the dark corners waiting to destroy what they are afraid of (change), if ignorance causes harm to this man or his family it will set us back 10 century of racism we will see another ci\/il war the ugly head of hate will raise up and destroy us all.If we do as this wise man says and come together as one we will gi\/e our children a new world of hope. no color, no face just one nation for our children lets teach lo\/e not hate!!!!!!!!!

liz2195

Asked by liz2195 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• All I see is Pro Cons and a whole bunch of 'em!
    Neminly

Answer by Neminly at 5:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I worry about him and his family and do NOT want anything to happen to him and I voted McCain. AND if it's a choice between him and Biden I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer Obama. Biden is slimy and creepy.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• PRO: History was made!

CON: Obama's idiology involves racial issues, class envy, reparations as does the environment of those he associated with the last 20 years. How can we expect to have common ground as being "JUST AMERICANS" , working together for a mutual cause, when many of his supporters voted based on the racial issues, class envy and reparations!

BLACK PANTHERS on election day stating to one guy (white) as he pushed his way in to vote..."NO MORE WHITE SUPREMACY!" I watched the news... I heard the words being said...did you? How does this bring us together!!

naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 5:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I worry about him and his family too. Not so much because of whack jobs in this country but for all the wackos out there in the world who would like to see our country thrown into turmoil. If there is an attempt on his life or his family, even if they caught the person and he (or she) ended up being a foreign national with a political agenda, a large part of this country wouldn't believe it. Many, many would scream "cover-up" and insist that it was some racist person that did it and that racist officials were covering it up. The harm that THAT would do is incalcuable.

While I didn't vote for him and don't like his policies, I hope his 4 years in office pass smoothly and peacefully.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't think the Black Panthers should represent the African American p opulation as a whole. That is awful but I think it is a minority.

Pros: Taxes, national debt, health care, DIPLOMACY, education (college), etc

Cons: um . . . . . . I don't know.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• To naturescape, yes I watch the news and hold him only reliable for his actions here on out.Are you telling me you ha\/e nothing in your past or that you don't associate with people that ha\/e different beliefs than you that there aren't things in this world you still need to learn. If we all forget why and what ought him to office and try to make it work how do you call yourself better. People I do belie\/e \/oted for him c of his color but he can't help the reason, just maybe he can help this nation if we all remain with malaise it will only take us backwards, Obama is pres if you like it or not so why not make the best of it and work together for our children not what we think he might do or not the time is here so make the best of it......
    liz2195

Answer by liz2195 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008