Rude people at stores

How do ya deal with "them?" confront, or walk away? I confront if its real bad! I just don't have patience anymore for RUDE people like that, drives me nuts & unnecessary.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have gotten very confrontational. I was in a hurry to pick up my kids, ran into Target for a couple items and got stuck behind this meandering couple. I swung around them to the register, and the man started complaining about me to his...wife?...who then said, "Yeah, old people do that all the time." LOL I am hardly old! So I looked her in the eye and said, "You were here first? You want to go ahead of me?" and she said no. So I said, "Well, then shut the hell up!"

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ignore. It's not worth the energy to engage with them. You can make a nasty comment if you like before you walk away.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• ive only personally dealt with this one time in my entire shopping life. i was at walmart, in the electronics section, this bitch was standing in the middle of this tiny aisle (those short stands that have things hanging off of them, not an aisle really) people were everywhere and i couldn't go around. she saw me standing there too. i was getting so mad but didn't want to be rude. im sure aggravation was written all over my face. she finally looked at me and said "say excuse me." really bitch? i didn't confront her. the last thing i needed was to go to jail for assaulting some ignorant whore at walmart.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I laugh and laugh --often out loud right at them. They're so sure they've been insulted, that they're right, that everyone else is personally and intentionally in their way and that they're so perfect that if they were 17 and working their first job in retail behind the till on the 12th day of work EVER that they wouldn't make a single mistake and they would, of course, know absolutely everything about every product in the entire mall. And, of course, in charge of store policy.

Their expectations are so far out of alignment with reality that they end up being funnier than Dane Cook. If only they had any idea how funny they were to talk about afterwards.

When they take it out on the poor flustered clerks, I always very loudly say 'well, if I were in a hurry, I wouldn't be standing in line to buy this crap' or 'if I didn't want to face holiday lines, I'd have shopped in July --I knew Christmas was coming back, even then.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• So far,I haven't had to deal with any rude customers,fellow shoppers,etc. I guess I am either just lucky or its because I live in a "nice state".LOL. Oh,and I don't shop at WalMart anymore because I have looked at some of those People of WalMart photos...and I don't want to see any of that kind of person at my Walmart. Ewwwww.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have showered in kindness or explained to my son manners as I walked away I have also said you are welcome for them if I opened a door for them and they just walk by all smug but thats me just depends on my mood I am happy as long as my kid has manners.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 1:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I ignore it unless its really bad and then I will say something. My SO hates going to the store with me because I either say something to the rude people or complain to him about them the whole time we are there.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ugh....I just dealt with this recently. I was getting my kids (3 of them 4, 2.5, and 1.5) in the car.....might I add I was so proud of them for being perfect little angels in the store. Some random lady walked up to MY CAR and said, "Have you ever heard of birth control?" Then she just stood there....like she was really waiting for an answer. So I said, "Are you asking me if I know what it is or telling me that I should be on it?" Then she turned and walked away. SO RUDE!! Should of said, "Yes, I have but obviously your parents had no clue what it was." But, that would be very unladylike to say to someone, and a bad example for the kids. I can't believe someone would ever have the balls to do that to some random stranger!!
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 2:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I can be a bit of a hot head, so I try to ignore THEM; I don't want to carry the anger with me, and some people on the streets are not all there mentally.

Rarely has any stranger actually approached me with a presumptuous, rude remark. I probably would (as my siblings say) channel my mother (a super hot head) and tell them what to kiss. Later, when the gleeful laughter of my kids died down, I would explain that my behavior wasn't the best; but secretly feel satisfied with my response and the between-the-lines lesson to my kids that with our actions we let people know how to treat us.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• wow annbsmommy i can not believe the nerve of that lady oh i would of said something alright - unreal!!!!!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010