If you cant name similarities, then you shouldn't be opposed

Name 10 things that Witches (of various cultures) and Christians (of ALL denominations) have in common.

I would like to see various responses of how they are similar. Why b/c believe it or not we all have common teachings and practices. And like I said if you don't know what the similarities are, how can you be so sure we are different?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 12:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'll take a stab at it - both believe in a higher power? Not necessarily a certain entity but an energy force whether God or nature.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well, that's nearly impossible... Witches don't all have the same beliefs. Some are Pagan, some are Christian, some are more Native in their beliefs and some are Atheistic... Which "brand" of witch are you referring to?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sabrina I said various cultures of witches, so you can kinda take that and make a broad list. Its definitely not impossible.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• – collapse

rolling on floorOhhhhh I see the light now, all because of this post!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I guess what I meant was to make such a list would need more definition. Many witches would have a belief in a Higher Power in common with Christians, others would have a belief in a Trinity, others would have an entire religious belief (Christian Witches)... But to say that "Witches have THIS or THAT in common with Christians" wouldn't be accurate for ALL witches or all Christians for that matter...
    Just about ANY belief that a Christian has, a witch can as well... And visa versa.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Name 10 things that Witches (of various cultures) and Christians (of ALL denominations) have in common

Everyone poops!
    Anonymous

• Sabrina - thats the point of this question. For moms on this site to see that Just about ANY belief that a Christian has, a witch can as well... And visa versa.

WE dont have to argue one better, higher, or beneith the other. Simple really.

And to anon - I hope you truly do see the light b/c of this post - smart ass!

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Both believe that petitioning can help--one side as prayer, the other as spellcraft. Both believe in a higher energy--tho christians give it a cognizant personality while the others may keep it as an energy force. Both believe that what goes around comes around, whether as "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" or as "Whatsoever ye put out, whether for good or ill, shall be returned to you three times over." Some are willing to walk the dark side anyway, but they still believe this. Service is universal to humanity. Many from all sides choose to serve this country, as soldiers, firemen, police officers, charity workers. Yes, there are christian charities, but there are also secular ones. There are wiccan and pagan soldiers fighting alongside christian ones. Religion is just NOT who we are as humans. And some of us are human DESPITE religion.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• – collapse
    LMAO. Don't you have anything else better to talk about? Ooooooh I'm so changed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Ann: Everyone Poops HAHA, now thats funny I don't care who you are!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010