If your teen daughter told you "Mom your my best friend"..

Would you be happy?
I was so touched because I always think she is my bestest. Now we both agree.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter says this all the time
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think Id be happy. Its awesome that you have such a good relationship with your daughter.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My daughter has, and it makes my day. Really, I feel the same. She is my best girl-friend. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would smile and know that I am doing a great job of parenting!!!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• my daughter is only 4 and says it all the time and I love it :) I only hope that as a teen she still feels the same way!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think that it would be nice, but to me there are two sides to that one. I think is important to have a relationship with your children so that they feel like they can talk to you. But it is also probably more important to be the parent. Children have enough friends without their parents being another one of their chums. They need a parent and that is truly your job. So, if it came down to it, I would prefer to hear that later in life my kids were happy that I was such a good mom/parent in comparison to hearing that I was their bestie.
    LadyTierney

Answer by LadyTierney at 1:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Don't know, I have a teenage son. I felt really happy when he told his entire class and teacher that I was his HERO. All the other kids were naming sports stars, etc and he said "MY MOM is my hero because he raised me by herself and did a great job. She is always there for me and makes sure I get what I need and want. Even if she goes without. I hope I am a parent like her someday." The teacher had to leave the room because she started to cry. That was the best phone call I recieved from a teacher.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• That is great. My daughter who is 3 yrs tells me this it makes me melt. She is always telling me how much she loves me.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My daughter is only 3 but so far I can say my first thought would be 'what do you want?' :0) I get this all the time when she want's something 'You're the best mommy ever! ... can I have a cookie?'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My almost 18 year old daughter tells me this. :) It makes me happy.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010