Every one has a right to their own opinion was just curious. here are mine
1. It means friendship which is a nice meaning.
2. It's a virtue name, no different then names like charity,felicity,prudence,patience,chastity,hope,faith,grace,honor etc
3. It has a similar sound as other names that are well liked like Emily,Charity,Amelie
4. It's rare so not every kid in a class room will have the same name.
5. It's very easy to spell and pronounce
6. It has a short sweet but pretty sound to it.
lastly i do get that some people bring up amityville horror, but really what 1st grader is going to be walking around picking up on that assosiation most people dont let seven year old watch 1970's horror flicks. and by high school you would think alot of kids wouldnt even have heard of the movie, i have but alot of my friends havent im 22.
Plus lots of names are from horror movies, and really amity has nothing to do with the movie just the name of the town. if you want to name your daughter charlotte and someone gets shot or murdered in that city would you change your mind?
ex of names from horror movies
Damien (the omen)
Reagen (the excorsist)
Emily (excorsism of emily rose)
Gage (pet semetary)
Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2010
Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010
Answer by bellsandheels at 1:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010
Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010
Answer by sunshine58103 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010
Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2010
Answer by annabsmommy at 1:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010
Answer by firethearson at 2:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010
Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010
Answer by spottedpony at 10:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2010
Next question overall
(Just for Fun)
If your teen daughter told you "Mom your my best friend"..