how can i transition my 9-month-old daughter from co-sleeping to sleeping in her crib?

if you have experience with this, I could REAlly use the advice! Thanks!

leamaclean

Asked by leamaclean at 5:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start by putting her in her crib either randomly and/or for naps. She needs to get used to her surroundings and feel comfortable. Put her in there with her fav toys and let her be. She needs to feel safe there. At night just put a chair by the crib and every night move it closer to the door until shes ok by herself! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't know the answer but I wish you luck. With my first DD it took me till she was 3 to get her completely out of my bed!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• There is no easy way. First try naps in the crib to let them get use to it. Then I would try allowing her to fall asleep with you and then put her in her crib. Slowly work it into rocking her to sleep.... finally... the let them cry it out stage. After a week or two of this... my daughter slept in her crib.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i had my daughter sleep with us till she was 6 months,
    1.what we had to do was put her down in her crib, comfort and assure her that you are there, then leave the room.
    2. DONT pick her up if she starts crying. come back in the room 5- 10 minutes and reassure her and rub her that your there.
    3.everytime you go in the room, extend the time by 5 mins. she will be asleep by notime. the trick is to NOT pick her up.
    4.and if your breastfeeding, DAD would probly want to be the one doing this....
    this will probly go on for about 3 days, then youll have your daughter sleeping all byherself!! :)
    danimama308

Answer by danimama308 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't do the cry it out and it this has helped me. The 2 weeks before doing so (set a date) we slept with all his crib bedding one at a time so our smells would transfer over. Played with him in the crib with some toys and left him be for about 10 minutes and then got him out about 3 times a day. And to put him to sleep at night we rock him or feed him. It's faster for us to do so and I'm all about asap. more time for me and my partner to get alone time. We use the EASY method doing so. Eat Active Sleep You time! Good luck!
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 11:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008