I have an urge

I use to gamble alot years ago and lately Ive been wanting to go but Im afraid I will keep want to go

wowiemommy

Asked by wowiemommy at 1:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you think there's a chance that you won't be able to control yourself, then don't do it. Temptation comes in through a door that's been deliberately left open. Just shut the door and move on.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Keep it an "Urge" only..and don't cave -!~~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Find something else to focus on. Do you have a hobby? Maybe join a club or something else you like to do instead. Good luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Be strong, stay away from it. Gambling can be a very dangerous slippery slope and for you to go do that is like playing with fire. I know people who have their families and homes by gambling debts. Don't do it. Find something else, shopping, reading, knitting, go to a movie...anything else that can take your mind off of it.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• ..oops- that should be "lost" their families and homes by gambling debts. They would do anything to go back to the day they had that urge so they could have walked away from it like you can.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't but if you do I would just take along so much money not that it will help with the urge to keep going but... good luck with staying strong.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 1:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Don't go. Its an addiction. Once you go, you KNOW deep down you wont stop. Thats why you are questioning it. Trust your gut... Dont go.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010