what can i eat to help my 3 month old breastfeed baby go poop

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 1:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal for babies that age to go many days without pooping. My son went every 4-5 days and it was normal for him. The doctor told me it was fine for him to go up to 10 days without pooping.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• well, from what I hear that no matter what since your breastfeeding, it's not uncommon for them to not poop. I would say the only suggestion is eat what you would eat to go poop. Lots of fiber. But, I;m sure it's not anything you can do to get your baby to poop more since your breastfeeding.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Your baby is using everything in the milk so there is little to no waste. As long as the poops do not come out hard and dry, everything is fine. Beware of the blowout when it does come, though. ; )
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i was told that as long as your breastfeeding baby is eating then he is not constipated. so, like the others said, don't worry mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If she is breastfed it's not likely you need to do anything. A breastfed baby can go 1-2 WEEKS without pooping and it's fine. breastmilk is the perfect food, it digests very well so there isn't a lot of waste and it's also a natural laxative... so she is most likely not constipated.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• like other said bf dont poop alot, my son was bfand he would poop every 1 -2 wks and its all normal.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If you are exclusively nursing, it is normal and safe for baby to go up to about 20 days without a bowel movement, as long as the stool is not dry, hard or pellet like.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010