My Dad and Husband, what's your opinion on this?

My husband and my father don't communicate very well, infact they both dislike eachother. On Thanksgiving, my husband decided instead of helping with the dishes. My Dad took a nap, and my Mom and I cleaned up the kitchen. He was wanting to play with my Dad's playstation, he started to mess with it, but the biggest thing that is a bigger odeal then it has to be, and I'm just trying to get feedback, is my Dad, has this new PS3 Game he bought, and my husband asked my Mom if he could borrow instead of Dad, and he took it upstairs with him and asked her on his way out. My Mom said it was ok. My Dad was told that he borrowed it, and my Dad was really upset, not at my Mom, but at my husband for not asking him, So, my question is do you think my husband should of asked my Dad since it's his game? Just trying to get some opinions out there.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 1:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• It is your dad's game, by rights your husband should have been a big boy and asked dad if he could borrow the game, instead of sneaking around behind dad's back and asking mom if he could borrow it. I don't blame dad for being upset and your husband should take the game back and apologize.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It is YOUR DAD'S game. Your husband should man up and ask him instead of hiding behind your Mom.
    Anonymous

• Your husband was quite sneaky. He knew it was a new game and your dad probably would have said no.

On a side note, I can't imagine my dad ever playing video games! lol
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yes, your dh shouldve asked your dad. sounds like he needs to quit being such a chicken of him
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think your husband should have asked your dad. He was sneaky by asking your mom because he knew your dad would say no. Things like that are probably why your dad doesn't like your DH.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think Dad needs to grow up. This sounds like hs........
    Anonymous

• I think they both need to grow up...its a video game.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Oh my, how old is everyone in this situation?? They all sound 12. But to be fair - it was your dad's game, your husband should have asked him.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• THanks Ladies. I love all your responses. Even if my Husband doesn't get it, atleast I am thinking on the same lines as you. And yes, it is really childish. which is why I'm not not getting in the middle of it after this. I agree with all your comments.
    I wish I could vote all of you best answer!!
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010