Teens - Stretch Marks

One of my boys had a BIG growth spurt and has stretch marks near his armpits and waist.

Anyone know how to treat stretch marks?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• They won't ever really go away. You can try Mederma or something, but it's basically a scar.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• They will get less apparent over time. I had them as a teen also. I'm sure he's not the only one.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• there is not much you can do, Mederma will help but they will prob never comelelty go aways. Here's the good news, most teenage boys get them so it's not really that big of a deal
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Though it's true they PROBABLY will never completely go away, if you treat them with something like Mederma soon after they appear, and keep up the treatment regularly, you'll have the most luck.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Tell him to try putting vitamin E on them...buy the capsules and cut the end off or poke it with a pin or needle and squeeze out the oil...it helps scars fade so it might work on stretch marks.
    Joyzap2003

Answer by Joyzap2003 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• there new cream out at wal-mart and helps stretch marks i don't now it's name but it's in make up area
    yes it does work my daughter and her brother use it and it works wounders
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My daughter has them, too-its very sad!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• shea butter works great....i gained 60 pounds in my pregnancy and this worked for me...he will have to apply it regularly however...it does work....
    HELP767

Answer by HELP767 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My poor daughter got them right before she turned 13 from a growth spurt and has them still all the way around the tops of her thighs.
    We have put lotion and everything I can thing of on them and they wont go away.
    She is so embarrassed by them and I about ready to take her to a dermatologist to see if he can help.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010