Has anyone had the Essure Permanent Birth Control procedure done?

I am having it done when we get our taxes back just wondered how other women like or dislike it? Any changes in periods or new or different or more pain with periods and/or ovulation? Any new symptoms since having it done? Any info would be enlightening and helpful. I love that I won't have to be cut open!!

For those of you who haven't heard of it this is what the brochure says:
Essure is different than the traditional method of a surgical tubal ligation. With Essure, there is no cutting or burning of the body. Instead, an Essure trained doctor inserts spring-like coils, called micro-inserts, through the body's natural pathways (vagina, cervix and uterus) and into your fallopian tubes.

During the first 3 months following the procedure, your body and the mico-inserts work together to form a tissue barrier that prevents sperm from reaching the egg. During this time, you will need to use another form of birth control.

After 3 months, your doctor will perform an Essure Confirmation Test, a special type of x-ray to confirm that your tubes are completely blocked and that you can rely on the Essure micro-inserts for birth control.

The Essure procedure is the first and only FDA approved permanent birth control procedure to have zero pregnancies in the clinical trials.

NaturalMomOfTwo

Asked by NaturalMomOfTwo at 1:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• I suggest taking the meds they offer. I took a Valium beforehand, had a local in my butt and one in my cervix. However, the one in my butt didn't work for me so I felt the coils go in. It sucked but is manageable. I would say labor is worse though. Plus it helps to have vicodin for afterwards. I took it for about 2 days afterwards.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I LOVE it. I have had it for over a year. My periods are back to what they were pre-kids. So they are a bit heavier and I have a bit more cramping but that is most likely due to not being on BC anymore. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My girlfriend had it a few months ago and hasn't complained about it at all.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• purpleducky - how was the procedure...like did you feel a lot? They have given me the option of vicodin or not...I think it was vicodin. I have a high tolerance I had both of my babies with no pain meds at all but I have a feeling this may be different. What do you suggest. They said it takes about 20 mins.
    NaturalMomOfTwo

Comment by NaturalMomOfTwo (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• prupleducky - Thank you so much! I'll take the drugs. I just think it is going to feel weird! Thank you again!
    NaturalMomOfTwo

Comment by NaturalMomOfTwo (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No problem.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010