Do you "dress" for Chiristmas dinner?

I saw something on TV today where the family gets new jammies and spends the whole day in them.... the whole party....I LOVE this idea...brought it up to my mom and we just might do this!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 1:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nobody in my family gets "dressed".... we MAY go as far as putting jeans on... most years I shower and put pj's back on
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We give the kids new PJs every Christmas Eve so they have nice jammies for the special day to come... but we dress up for dinner. We have few enough excuses to get all prettied up, we'll take any one we can get
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Most years we have to travel to my in-laws and we don't leave the house in jammies (one of my pet peeves) so yes, but not fancy. This year we are staying home but thanks to my MIL will have who knows how many distant relatives in and out of our home so yes, we will still be getting dressed. In fact, since she's here we won't even be able to do Christmas morning in pjs, no one feels that comfortable around her. )c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Nope we just chill out all day. No jammies but def. dress down.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• we do the new jammies thing on xmas eve so the pics have nice clean jammies, but after the gifts are open and we have breakfast we then get dressed
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yep. My extended family gathers for dinner at my sister's, and everyone dresses for the occasion. My kids (teens) hate this, now that they are too old to have loads of toys to look forward to. But I think it makes the gathering a little more special. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We're always traveling for the holidays, so we tend to dress a little nicer than if we were staying at home.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Normally we stay in our Christmas jammies (the only present the kids are allowed to open Christmas Eve!). If we are having company we will change into something casual.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I like getting dressed up for Christmas and mainly because we visit different people and I like wearing any new jewlery perfume or clothes I might have got. However if we stayed home all day i like the idea of just pjs
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 2:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• if we go out
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010