Do dogs ever have a bad day?

I left my dogs in the crate all morning because I was late for bowling, when I cam home they were so happy to see me. They never get mad or mope around.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pets

• Sure they do when they are sick or bored.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Dogs don't have the brain parts necessary to evaluate their experiences in the way that would make it possible for them to assemble the whole day into a cohesive, meaningful idea (like 'bad' or 'good').

Once an experience is over, for a dog, it's gone. Like physical pain can't be physically recalled, dogs do not possess the ability to evaluate a whole day. Only the moments of it as they're happening.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Dogs live in the Now so they can definantly have bad moments but unless something major happens like being hit by a car or something awful like that they forget the bad pretty quickly.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If dogs dont recall anything, wouldnt that mean they would not be effected by baths (and get scared of them) or getting their nails clipped (right now our puppy lets us play with his paws, but im guessing after a nail clipping he wont be so fond of it) and after a dog is hit a few times, doesnt it effect them... and ive known dogs to hate just pulling into the pet/ groomers parking lot.

Ive always wondered if they get headaches & stuff like that... cuz that can make for a bad day & you cant tell everyone to shut up, leave you alone & get you a cold washrag!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My dog is having a bad day. She never has a bad day but today she vomited a few times and seems under the weather. Poor girl.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• lol, i think they have bad days, mine has good and bad days.but always is happy to see us after we have been away.i love my baby dogs.
    Gods_Girl1979

Answer by Gods_Girl1979 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• personally i think they do.....i had a dog that was as happy as could possibly be,active,funny,very alert,almost human like....the next day she wasnt herself,she ran into a glass door,bumped into a table and a few other things happened to her.....then all of a sudden the 3rd day she was back to normal and happy as could be again....like nothing ever happened to her....she had an "off day" so to speak lol
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010