Anybody else HATE change? Does it give you anxiety attacks?

My husband announced that he wants to switch from T-Mobile to Sprint and get new HTC phones or whatever. We have had BlackBerrys from T-Mobile for years. I am comfortable with my phone, the plan, the BBM etc.
I am freaking out over a stupid cell phone. I hate change. Anything that is going to change in our lives freaks me out. I need to mull it over and become "ok" with it for days before I can calm down about it.

Am I just a weirdo???

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 1:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• HELL NO your not a weirdo!!! I hate change too but the changes i been through lately, house car job and relationship, man i take the cellphone problem any day. Try not to worry over the little things and remeber to always remind yourself that things could be worse...believe me!!!!!
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 2:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No your not a weirdo im like that with my home if my bf changes anything in our home with out asking me i freak out..but i also have ocd so change for me can be scary but just try to calm down and think of the positive that can come out of it sometimes change isnt bad at all!
    ChanellesMommy

Answer by ChanellesMommy at 1:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I absolutely hate change! I have it rough since DH's job requires us to travel around US and I am always having to adjust to everyhthing being different. By the time I get use to where we are, it is time to pack up the 5th wheel and head to the next job.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'd be a nervous wreck tony1638! Wow, lol.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, you are a weirdo... but not JUST a weirdo....

Clearly, you're enjoying yourself or you wouldn't repeat it --probably nice and distracting from real issues, or fun to talk about or you get attention or something... which is fine. Fun is important, we need distractions from overwhelming stuff, and we genuinely need attention and this is certainly better than some of the more creative means of getting it...

If your anxiety starts to bother you, you can deal with that in a variety of ways... meditation, hypnosis, therapy, exercise, volunteering, making conscious choices... lots of things work and don't cause problems the way some anxiety relief does (like drugs and alcohol, which certainly relieve it but come with a whole set of other stresses).
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010