What is a good home recipe for glass cleaner?

I know you can use vinegar, but what is the ratio of vinegar to water? And is there anything I can mix with it to kill the smell of the vinegar? The smell gives me a headache!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• 1 TBLS corn startch and warm water, use news paper to wash, leaves no lint.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I just use straight vinegar in a squirt bottle.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• my mom used to use vinger and news paper and worked really well. I dont know that you can make the smell go away
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I use straight vinegar as well, the apple cider vinegar doesn't smell as bad as the white. (It still stinks though, and I've never found anything that will neutralize that smell.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I use: 1 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 cup water & tablespoon vinegar. I have also used: 2 cups rubbing alcohol, 1/2 cup ammonia, 1 tsp liquid dish soap & enough water to make into a gallon jug. Both recipes work great!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• vinegar and newspaper
    nbaker1227

Answer by nbaker1227 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I take a gallon of white vinegar and shove into the top 2 or 3 lemons cut into wedges. Then I take the bottle & put it into a cool dark closet for about a month. At the end of the month, I make a 50/50 mix of the vinegar-lemon mix & water and use this to clean everything, including windows.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010