crib?

My 3 month will only sleep in her swing. How can i get her into her bed i put her in the crib and she crys i take here out and she stops crying. She will take naps in here bed but she will not sleep in it at night time.

1Lilly

Asked by 1Lilly at 5:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You just have to let her cry. She knows that when she cries you'll pick her up. If you're not comfortable with that then try putting a chair by her bed at night and gradually moving it closer to the door each night. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I read that the difference in temperature makes a baby wake up. You know how it feels when you get into bed and there are cold sheets? Same thing. I read a book that suggested sitting on a blanket while you breastfeed or tossing one in the dryer to warm it up (closer to body temp). Then laying the baby on top of it in the crib. Really helped my daughter.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I heard that if you spend more time in there when you feed her or change her or even naps that she will get more comfortable.. also she needs to get used to it so maybe don't give her the option of the swing.. she probably just likes the movement have you tried rocking her to sleep and then putting her in there? Or waiting for her to fall asleep in the swing and putting her in the crib?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I often put a heating pad in my son's bassinet about a half hour before I put him in it, especially on cold nights. I take it out before I lay him down, and it's warm and soft, just like Mommy. :)

Ideally, you want your daughter to learn to comfort herself, though this will be hard on you. Waht I'd probably do is lay down with her on your bed so she can get used to a similar feeling sleeping area, but still have you nearby for comfort. When she's more accepting of this, then move her to her crib. Plan on sitting near her bed, maybe with your hand on her belly, until she learns that she's safe.

I'm getting ready to move my son from his bassinet (in my room) to his own room and crib. I've been putting him in the crib for naps, when he's pretty conked out, so he gets used to the feel, and then when he wakes up (and is usually very happy), he can take in the new surroundings. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My baby was four months before she started sleeping in her crib. She slept with me. Everyone said you will never get her to sleep in her crib. I let her cry in her crib when I was ready. She was about four and a half months old. I am not saying that it was easy but I was ready. She now sleeps in her own crib all night long. I think when you are ready it will happen.
    MommyofGabi05

Answer by MommyofGabi05 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I had the same problem. My son slept in his swing until about 4 months. Every time I tried to get him to sleep in the crib, he would wake up after about 10 minutes. To be honest with you the only way he would sleep in his crib is if I laid him on his tummy. (I know, I know I'm not supposed to) but that really was my last resort.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2008