How much do you spend on your entire Christmas?

I use to go seriously in debt over Christmas. I think after being shown just how ungrateful some people are, I'm not going over board this year at all. I'm buying mostly for my DH and my grandchildren. My children are getting a gift card. Last year I purchased a nice TV for one of my kids(they went on and on about how they needed one) then I found out they took it back and got the cash.....So no more debt for me during Christmas.

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• I have three kids. I spend 100 each on them. I don't want to go into debt. I also don't want my kids to forget the real meaning of Christmas.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• $1000.

We save up all year (it's about $85 a month) because we're optimists and expect Christmas to come back soon... And we don't buy 'like me' presents... and refuse to play Competitive Gifts, with siblings or parents. I'm often amazed how popular those games are...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Oh my goodness how rude!!!! At least get a different TV but not take the cash.... Man, I wouldn't get them too much this year!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't think I even know. I know it's a lot...but my daughter's b-day is 5 days before Christmas.

It drains a lot from my bank account.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• $1,000 total. Ive got 2 kids and along with toys i buy them new clothes, snow pants, shoes..other things they need at christmas so it gives them something else to open. We don't buy for the adults in the family anymore, we just get together and have a nice dinner.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 2:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have 4 kids. We will probably spend around $1,000 total. I have budgeted so that I can do that. I haven't been able to get them anything at all for the last couple of years. That has been so depressing. But I have a different job this year and it's been a little better. My husband works full time and goes to school, so I want to get him something nice. Maybe a new camera lense or something.
    alithemklady

Answer by alithemklady at 2:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't go into debt for christmas. My DH got a bonus check that we done a little shopping last week, we are buying things from now until the 17th then the 17th he is getting another bonus check that we are finishing up with. I don't buy for anyone other than 1 of my cousins (since they buy for the girls), 2 things for my nephew this year and the rest for my 5.5 and nearly 3 year old. Although a couple of the gifts aare getting held back for my almost 3 year old because her birthday is 2 weeks and 3 days after christmas. I wrote a list and the prices out for everything we are buying and by the time I am done this year it will be around 1,500.00. That is because I told my girls santa would give them a good christmas this year. We had a neighbor that gave my kids a bunch of toys and she got mad at me and took them all back off our porch which was most of their toys.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• they took bak a kitchen set and a scooter and bike and a bunch more so I am trying to replace what they took and my kids played with all the time. We normally buy for eachother to, but not this year since we both need new clothes bad so we are waiting for his w2s to come to file them and he is buying a new wordrobe since I just found out I am pregnant I am not buying my clothes yet I am buying what I need for baby and maternity clothes then after I have the baby he is buying me new clothes
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• good for you - I always overspend and never even receive a thank you
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2010