What sin(s) exactly does mankind born into?

I believe that we are all born perfect, and that as we grow in this human life our perfection is manipulated by society an the many extensions there of. For those of you who do believe we are born into sin, can you define that sin? I dont need to know what sin is. I just want to hear your opinions.

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 2:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• we learn our behaviours partly with what we're exposed to and also within our genes we are born with. It may seem we start off perfect, but that may not be the case. Someone could be born with a defect that makes tham less than totally sane later on.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• some people are born with a greater tendency to addiction. if you learn about child development you know there are stages that children are all about themselves (and should be - mostly around age 2) where people of older societies that didnt study psychology and development could have thought were sin... because they have screaming fit on the floor and stuff. greed is natural. lust is natural. those are sin. you are never taught to do them but they are just born into you.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think that is the "Puritan" way of belief. I do not believe that either.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Who is to say that totally sane is the only way to be perfectly human?

I think the thought experiment worth considering is: what is the set range of 'perfection' for a human being?

Can it include having an 'extra' toe without everyone else needing to have one, too? Or does whatever is 'perfect' automatically translate into ONLY completely disease-free, ideal, flawless (based on whose judgement of a flaw or asset?), average or usual?

It strikes me, often, that our limited imagination and our limited ability to accept reality gives us a very distorted idea of how much (or, rather, how little) range there might be in some category called 'perfect.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• according to my old pastor the sin we are borninto is Disobeying GOd ( the apple and all) I too bel;eive we are born without sin./ Sin is what any religion decides it wants it to be. drinking is Ok if oyu are Catholic bbut you are bound for hell if you drink and are Baptist.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• LOL....we are born "sinless"...like a blank slate that people write on. It is our own choice to live a good life or not.
    EAch church,religion, has their own ideas....none of which make any sense. Its all based on superstition, not fact.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• " greed is natural. lust is natural. those are sin. you are never taught to do them but they are just born into you. "

It's funny that the things that are considered normal part of human nature, are the very characteristics that a god condemns you for.I will never understand that.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• let me jump in here real quick and just say that perfection is in no way physical.
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• "let me jump in here real quick and just say that perfection is in no way physical. "

there is no perfection spiritually either. Perfection is an idea...but no where near a reality.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Perfection is a state of being. Its not only an idea, its a manifestation of desire to be complete and balanced. If you dont believe that spiritual perfection is possible then what point do you see in personal growth?
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2010