Can everybody please STOP posting these questions with child abuse cases??!!

It literally makes me ill to think about these babies being abused. I try not to look at them or read them, but I can't help noticing. I wish there was something I could do for them!!

It's the holidays, I just want to focus on good things.

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Was kinda thinking the same thing I know this goes on but I can only handle so much a day
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 2:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• This section is for asking questions, not posting news stories. Are people asking a legitimate question (not "what do you think") when posting these stories? If not, it doesn't belong in this area, it belongs in the groups, not the Q&A

Leanaidedanan

Answer by Leanaidedanan at 2:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well unfortunately all things are not good. I dont know what you are tlaking about but if its people needing advice, etc.... just dont read them.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I hear ya, it's time to turn off all the "news" or you will get downright depressed! Surround yourself w/ positive people & lots of comedies. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Happy to give up all your power to whoever's walking by, hey?

What you choose to put your attention on is 100% within your control. Consider this a Christmas present from the universe: the opportunity to learn to use the power of your attention the way you want to, instead of being dragged around by the eyeballs by whatever happens to be in front of them.

It is possible to avoid looking at the accident while you're driving by, just as it is possible to avoid thinking of pink rhinos whenever you want to...First you have to know it is possible and next you have to practice directing your attention on purpose... then, in some time (weeks, months, years, who knows?) with continued practice you'll be able to ignore what you choose to ignore and attend to what you believe merits your attention.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• This is an open forum and even though you might not like it, you just need to use your control and by pass them........

Answer by older at 3:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010