My baby is 3 weeks old and has the red rashy bumps on his face. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them?

morena24

Asked by morena24 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats acne. Just keep it clean,it'll go away in awhile

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No...your babies hormones are as wacky as a teenagers. It'll clear up.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Thats totally normal! Like butterflyblue said, keep it clean... it will disappear in no time! Congrats on your new little one!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• thanks. I have just been wiping it with a clean damp cloth without soap. Just wish I could do something about it to help it go away faster.
    morena24

Comment by morena24 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Baby acne - it goes away with time
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It is probably just newborn rash which is very normal and will go away on its own or acne because of your hormones leaving his body which is also very normal and will go away on its own.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 2:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Don't worry. It goes away on its own by the time your baby is 8 weeks old. My little baby had the same thing and I was so anxious everyday since we could not take nice pictures..but it went away on its own. It is baby acne and is caused by your hormones. It has nothing to do with your diet if you are breastfeeding. Be careful when you wash his face. Pat gently instead of wiping so that you don't cause further irritation. Also for baby acne, the baby is not bothered by that..i.e. it should not be itchy. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    rah20

Answer by rah20 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I put a little breastmilk on it and it usually went away overnight.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 3:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Normal My DD had it also when she was that age either BM or Cetaphil clear it up rather quickly.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010