Just found out..

that I'm pregnant and quite honestly I don't have a clue what to do. I'm still in highschool & would just like some advice about what to do. I know that's very vague but I honestly don't have a clue where to go from here. I've only had sex once and I was very drunk and yes I knew the risks but quite honestly it's a huge shock (yes I understand that it's all my fault). A little advice please, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• congratulations!!! being a teen mom is hard but i love it and i wouldn't trade it. Just read alot of books, take older peoples advice if its asked or if they mean well...trust me everyone will be trying to give you advice wanted or not.
    sep_10_07

Answer by sep_10_07 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• have you told anyone? like your mom or close friends the guy that got you pregnant???? I think you should inform him first and see what he's feeling. It's really up to you and what you want, just do what you think is right. It's not all your fault ......it takes two to make a baby.
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 5:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yea congrats. Im a teen mom too 19 and my third will b here at the end of the yr. I didnt finish school i had dropped out before i got pregnant. but i did go back and get my ged. what yr are you i in high school?
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 5:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Do you know who the father is? If he is the type that will step up I would say maybe you should start a family.. If not do you know if you want to keep it or not? If its early you still have options... you need to talk to your parents for sure... They will be mad or shocked or something but its the best thing for you to do. I'm only 18 and at first my mom was all in shock but now she is so excited... ... If you don't want an abortion then consider adoption.. or keeping the baby.. even though it will be hard it will be worth it. I couldn't imagine getting an abortion knowing that she was already alive to me... I know thats weird and people might say otherwise but to me it didn't matter if i was 7 weeks or 7 months because she already had a heart beat... .. But you already said you knew the risks so you have to be a big girl and figure out how to be responsible for it...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i was pregnant in high school also, i just walked around school still prego and didnt care what anyone thought, sometimes in a school, there's certain teachers that will help you out so you dont have to go about going to school everyday while prego, so look into that and set it up.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I would say most importnant to stay in school at all costs. That's the best thing to do for your baby! I'd also say to keep it and take it as an unexpected blessing! Does the Dad know? If not, then he needs to find out asap. It takes two to make a baby.
    I'd start by going to the doc and finding out how far along you are. Then, I'd call around in the phonebook under pregnancy and other things. They can do counseling and give you items to help when baby comes. Look up Catholic Charites. I'm in PA but I know it's all over, you don't have to be Catholic or anything... but they do a maternity program which gives you free diapers and other clothes. A lot of churches do the same, I'd just start calling. Don't be shy! Get all the help you need.
    Also, tell your parents....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'm only 16 and yes I know who the father is but he really won't take responsibility I don't think. My mom is very strict and I'm so scared of telling her, I can't tell my friends they're all very proper and would be shocked to know that I'd had sex, to be quite honest I'm so scared. But I would never consider adoption or abortion, it's not that I'm opposed to either of them, I just personally couldn't do it.
    Anonymous

• I had my first and only baby at 25, and I felt just as you feel going into it. I think the first time is always scary and a learn as you go experience. Like suggested read a couple books like "What to expect when you're expecting" and "Your pregnancy week by week". Those we're the books that helped me out, and just listen to advice from other moms. The life change and transition is always the hardest at first, but I promise it gets easier :) Hopefully you have support and help from others, because finishing your education is really important in the long run. Hats off to you for making the strong decision to go through with having baby so young. You'll meet the love of your life soon! That being your baby :)
    Natalie2727

Answer by Natalie2727 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well, in all honesty, I'd wait as long as I could before telling my parents... however, thats probably not what's best. You should just relax, if you have one close friend to tell it will help. As for the guy, he has to be responsible. Tell him and if he denies it then wait till baby comes, get child support... at least it will help. he might come around later too. You never know.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Congratulations! You're gonna be a mom!! First thing is first, get you some pre-natal vitamins. You can get them from your local Planned Parenthood for free, or you can buy them at your local pharmacy or grocery store. Second...you need to have a heart to heart with your parents. Depending on how old you are or how you were raised their reaction can vary on a very large scale. But just remember that regardless of their initial reaction, they are your parents, and they love you and will do what they can to help you.
    Now to the boy...is this a boy you talk to regularly? Is it your boyfriend? Is he a close friend that things just got too close one night? Or was he a one night stand? The answer to those questions is going to help you gauge his reaction, but he needs to know regardless.

Continued...
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008