At what age do babies know cause and effect?

jenna0708

Asked by jenna0708 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just like everything else that has to do with babies, they develop differently. I think that Kaylee started to grasp the concept at around 3 months old. She had a toy that hung above her with a ball attached. If you hit/spin the ball it makes music. At first she kinda hit it on accident, and then after a week or two she started to realize that it was BECAUSE she hit it, it made music. So then I got to watch her try really really hard and concentrate trying to hit the ball, it was an amazing thing to watch!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• same with my autumn... around 3 months she learned that pulling a toy on her swing started music and lights.... now she does it without trying.... did you mean cause and effect like does and don'ts?
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 5:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My DD was around 4 months or so...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Mine is 7 months, and clearly understands now..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 12:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008