Does your child still sleep with you and if so, how old are they?

kim0167

Asked by kim0167 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes - just turned 4.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• He sneaks in every morning about 5 to cuddle. he's 9

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have 2 boys and 1 girl. the boys always ask to sleep with dad. The daughter wants to sleep with me. We still do it just not very often.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yup- 2yrs and she's soooo snuggley!!! but when she turns 6 i'm going to have to kick her out!
    RenoasMAMA

Answer by RenoasMAMA at 2:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• my kids never really slept with us, but my now 5.5 year old every once in a while ends up in our bed when we are sleeping. We don't feel her get into bed with us. I asked her why she is doing this (since she just started), she said she keeps having bad dreams that some is killing her.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yup and he is 3
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 2:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My son stopped at 4. But he's back! He's 5. I need to put my foot down, but he's my last baby and I'm enjoying it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Actually... yes. Rarely. My girls are 21 and 19, and when my 19yo was brought home from her boyfriend's house by the police (I mean 'suddenly ex-boyfriend's house'), she climbed into my bed with me for a cry and fell asleep. I didn't bother moving her (dunno if I would have anyhow) because dh was working that night...

Sharing sleep in this house has no additional meaning... and the married couple are fully capable of being creative enough to get it on in other rooms while kids are sleeping (or busy out with friends, or whatever...)
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes and no, he starts out sleeping alone then in the middle of the night he squezzes his way into the bed....he's 5 and too tall and sleeps so wild!!!!! kicking and hitting, depending on if he is having a dream that night lol
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 2:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Our children never slept in the bed with us. They slept in a cradle next to our bed until they were 3 or 4 months old. Then they were moved to their cribs. They were ocassionally allowed in our bed after they had awakened in the mornings, but that was the only time they spent there.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010