What are you getting your mom for christmas?

I'm thinking jewelry and something from bath and body works

kim0167

Asked by kim0167 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• After all the years of moving, 3 marriages and 2 divorces, plus a few disasters in between, my mom lost ALL the family photos that she had, including pictures of some of her friends and about 90% of my baby photos.

While I was cleaning my grandmother's house, I found old family photos stuffed in shoeboxes and paper bags ALL over the house. Some are of me as a baby, some of my grandfather with his parents before they died. There are even copies of her brother's HS graduation pictures. My grandmother is too tight-fisted to let go of ANY of them, even for a day or two to be copied, so I've been secretly scanning them in my spare (HA HA!) time.

I've only gone through the smallest box and I've already scanned 27 pics I bet she didn't even know still exist.

I bought my mom a digital picture frame. So tied to the bow I plan to include a USB drive.... which will have all these old family photos scanned into it.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• nothing. We don't buy for the adults only the kids. I only buy for my 1 cousin and my nephew. I buy my mom something for mothers day and birthdays
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• A gift card from Victoria's Secret. She loves her "nice" underwear, and has been unemployed for awhile and unable to get them. I did this last year as well, and she thought it was so thoughtful she cried.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I am finishing a cream colored witches weave stole that my grandmother was making. It was the last project that she had in her hands before she died. I have the pattern, and about 24 inches of it she had finished- amazingly, after over 25 years, the yarn is in good enough condition to work with!
    I know this'll mean more to her than anything I could buy.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I got her a watch, a book she wanted some slippers, and yes, new dentures!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm knitting her an afghan. If its not done in time, I'll be getting her See's Candy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• She doesn't want anything that sits around, and she has tons of lotions and soaps and bath powders. I am going with cash this year, maybe a couple GCs, and I'm thinking of paying for a hair appointment for her where she gets her hair done.

Answer by Bmat at 2:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We are debating.. Id live to buy her jewelry if we can find something nice, real at a decent price (it has to be real gold or she will break out).
    My mom is the HARDEST to buy for. she always says PJ's .... but how many pjs does 1 grown woman want!? lol.. she knows pjs are simple & cheap..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• A shark steam mop, that is what she wanted, she cut out the ad and everything, she never does that. So I got it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• As,I look at all the awesome gift ideas for your Moms,it make me miss my Dear Mother so much,but,we shared some beautiful Christmas,I always brought my Mom clothing and Estee Lauder Perfume(sp),her favorite. My Mother passed away 6yrs ago. Always remember to cherish your moms. Happy Holidays.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010