!When Will My Ovulating time BE?!?!

~Just wanna know....i started my period on thanksgiving the 25th and got done with it today the 3oth...so i had my period for 5 days...what days are my ovulating days???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Noone can tell you that. You need to chart your cervical mucus to determine when you have fertile mucus.

Ovulation calenders and calculators do not work because they work off the MYTH that all women ovulate on the 14th day of their cycle or the 14th day before the beginning of the next cycle. That is NOT true for MOST women.

You will ovulate sometime between 11 and 17 days before your next period but you never know when you might have a long follicular phase and that could change when your next period comes so you'll have to chart CM.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.
    Anonymous

• The length of your period means nothing. How long is your monthly cycle, from the first day of your period to the first day of your next period? Is it the same every month? If so, then you can count backwards and have sex at least every other day from 20 days before you period until 10 days before your period, and probably be covered. If you don't know how long your cycle is, or it's not the same every month, then you have to chart to be sure. Cervical mucus and basal body temperature are the best indicators of ovulation.

I agree with anon above, read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Also check out FertilityFriend.com for helpful advice.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• General estimate Dec. 9. Try to have sex every other day starting on Dec. 6th -16th and you should catch it. But i don't know your body or your history. My guesstimate is based off the pregnancy wheel OB docs use to estimate a due date. It says you should/would conceive on the 9th based off the start date of your LMP. It is based on a 28 day cycle, but yours may be longer or shorter, which is why I gave you a ten day range.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010