Pneumonia

My mom just told me she has this. In your words-How dangerous is it? How long is recovery time? How do you get it? What is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• depends on when it is cought it can be dangerous i nearly lost my life through this 15months i was sedated and put on a ventilator for 2days and given an emergency c section, i still have trouble with my chest even now and its been 15months, you can get by lots of things, it just ends up being a rather bad flu in some people
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Pneumonia is essentially water in the lungs.  It can be extremely dangerous especially in the elderly and very young.  My MIL died from it at the age of 82 but it was also undiagnosed.  My 13 year old daughter had it last spring and it took several weeks to clear up completely.

Pneumonia can be caused by a viral infection and it is a serious risk after surgery when people are bedridden.  That is how my MIL contracted it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010