To Group Owners

Can you see who reads posts in a group if the group is open to anyone? If the person isnt a member can you still see that they visited the group and ead posts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• By your "anonymous" status here, I'm assuming you're not wanting anyone to know you read their posts either. I just don't get that. Why be on a social network if you don't want to be involved? Unless you're maybe stalking someone?

Anyway...as a group owner, I don't know of a way to tell exactly WHO read the posts. Only how many times it's been viewed. I may be wrong about that. But, really, I have no interest in WHO has been reading things. I have more interest in how active my group is as a whole.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You can't see who viewed posts, but if a non-group member posts you will see that. You can see a non-group member in the group AT THAT TIME, because the group lists who is in there at the bottom of your page.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 3:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It was just a one time thing that I was curious about. I quit being friends with someone due to drama but she was going thru alot at the time. I just saw she was active in a group and I read her post. I have been really concerned for her but dont want to go back to the drama. Just wonder if she would know i knew how she was.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No, there is no way of telling. All we can see is when a member was last active, how many members are active, how many new members, ect.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Nope you cannot.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2010