How Can i clear my sons nose

other than an nose sucker or q-tips

jeremiahs_momma

Asked by jeremiahs_momma at 2:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• saline spray, sit in steamy bathroom for 10-15 mins, humidifier..little vicks on his chest under shirt
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Just the nose suckers. If you're having a hard time getting him to hold still here's how you do it....lay him down on the floor. Kinda strandle him, so his arms are held down between his body and your legs. Hold the top of his head still and suck. I learned it's better use the sucker at an angle, laying the sucker on the inside of nostril and angeling to the outside. Gives less aggitation. They hate it, no matter what age. But they do feel better after it's clear. Oh and hold the other nostril shut while cleaning the one out.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If you're breastfeeding, breastmilk in the nose is a wonderful anti-clogging agent. Use it as you would saline drops.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I also put my babies right in the shower with me, of course they are old enough to sit and play in the tub. The steam loosens it all up and I continue to squeeze and wipe their nose while in the shower.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I also use Lil Noses saline drops. They work great to dry everything up. It's safe for kids- don't use adult formula nose sprays.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• this is what i do if there is alot and it wont come out ill put some saline drops in one nostroll then hold him down and pinch the nostroll im not using the sucker on and suck u can get alot out that way
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 2:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I use a tissue or a wash cloth when he's getting his bath, that way I can get them picked out, also saline drops with the nose sucker works wonders.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Saline spray or humidfier or start on the water in the bathroom put it all the way on hot and just sit in there with him the moisture in the air will open up his air passages ..hope this helps ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010