what do u think about the show toddlers and tiara's.

what is your opinion of parents dressing up their very young girls in these sexy burlesque out fits, bikinis, heavy makeup,big hair,fake teeth, also some of their dance moves are rather provocative(gyrating). could it be comfort food for perverts?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some parents handle it very well- the ones who do not go to the extreme with the fake teeth and expensive clothing, because they are there to show their daughters how to be beautiful just by being themselves and encouraging self-esteem, which is great. Other parents are nuts on that show and are only teaching their daughters how to act older than they really are and how to beat the next girl through unfriendly competition. Fake tanning and fake teeth are just too much for such young girls.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think it's disgusting. These moms are living their dreams through their daughters.
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think it's bat shit crazy, but I like to watch the show.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i love that show. But it pisses me off how some of the parents are. It should be a choice for kids who are old enough to decide.
    mommyof2bbys

Answer by mommyof2bbys at 2:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I find it awful.... Why would you subject your children to something like that so young.... they are gonna have wrinks and break outs before they are 12
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 2:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It's bad, very bad.

Pure evil.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 2:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I watched one episode and it really surprised me how regular these children actually are. One little girl just wanted to play around the hotel room.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think it is horrible.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i think they should have beauty contests without all the fake stuff...imo, they aren't "true" beauties if they need all that crap on their faces..also, some of the parents are insane!!!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think it's disgusting! I love it when the mom's are like "Oh she LOVES doing pageants!" only to have the child later say "I hate it!" They don't want to do all this crap - they just want to play! It's the MOM's that want to do it and that is disgusting to me!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010