Tell me about the adoption process.

I know that at some point I want to adopt. I really don't care from where, but the US would be ideal. Where do I start?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Adoption

• I think you probably start with a book like Adoption for Dummies, there are all different types of adoptions and all different relationships. Start with Adoption.com and you can at least get the basics of the process.
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 6:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• There are a few great groups on here. I would join. We adopted this year, and it was quite a proccess. I recommend going to an orientation with the Department of Family Services in your area. It is free and you can ask loads of questions about fostering to adopt or straight adoption through the foster system. If you are thinking about domestic adoption, hit the library or amazon.com and get a few books. There is no one right answer. It took me about a year to do the research for our family before landing on a decision... Best wishes!
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010