Do you take the Rind off Brie?

I always cut it all off if I'm baking it, and just cut the top off (of the wheel) when I've serving as part of a cheese platter.

A friend just told me that she never takes the rind off, so I was wondering what ya'll do? Personally, I don't like the taste of the rind, I honestly didn't even think it was meant to be eaten?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 3:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I leave it on, but I cut a slice out so people can get to the inside. My father eats it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well, it's edible, but I wouldnt particularly want to eat a large portion of it. I do like you and cut off at least the top when serving.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 3:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i dont eat brie, but i do when i have camambert (sp?)..i've never liked the taste of it either, but i looove the soft cheese part!! YUM!

alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• The rind is edible. Most generally, I don't eat it. But, there are times when I've served it sliced very thinly with the rind on. So, really, it's a personal preference.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I've never had brie before, so I Googled (hmmm...looks yummy!). They say it's a matter of personal preference, so I guess if you don't want to eat it don't worry about it, but it won't hurt you.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i just leave it on. that way if someone is inclined to eat that part they can, and everyone else can just eat the inside part.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I've never eaten it and I never will because I don't like it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I've only had it once, left the rind on, but cut the slice so most everyone could just enjoy the inside.
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I leave it.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010