16 and Pregnant / Teen Mom

Do you think those shows should be on the air since it slightly glamourizes being a teen mom?

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 3:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• I do think it glamorizes pregnancy...but it also show their hard times...I honestly love this show
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 3:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• ~i DO think it needs to be on there...its reality...
    kmscsj

Answer by kmscsj at 3:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I do like some aspects of it. I just wish they would choose different girls sometimes because the girls they choose do not show the full effect of what hard stuff teen mom's go through. Maybe show some that don't have anyone's support because in many cases that does happen.
    simpleesr23

Answer by simpleesr23 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I love the show. I'm addicted to the original girls who are now on Teen Mom, I haven't been watching the new 16 & P like I used to. But it definitely shows how hard it is to have a baby so young. The struggles that all of them face with no personal time, dating problems, less friends, less money so I think it does a great job showing that it isn't all it's cracked up to be. I really like when Dr. Drew talks to all of them because that's real talk of the struggles they face. But I've thought about it too- young girls seeing how cute the kids are how the moms do handle it, might lead more to have their own.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I can see both sides of this; in one way it IS glamorizing teen pregnancy, they are on TV. I can also see this as a sort of PSA, some of those moms have some pretty hard struggles. If my DD ever watches the show (she's 11 now, no interest and I'm not sure I want her to see it), I'll use it as a learning tool.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Lol I wouldn't get my Tuesday night entertainment if they didn't Haha I love those shows while I agree it does glamourize it
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• How is being a teen mother glamorous? Hell, if I had more exposure to the subject, I might not have been one.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• no, it just shows their life as one. Doesn't look so great to me.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 3:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm addicted too :)
    AbsoluteSelf

Comment by AbsoluteSelf (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Although I love watching them I do think it sort of glamorizes teen pregnancy I think it gives teens a reason to get pregnant and try out for the show. However I also think it is great because it show real life situations and how hard it is to be a teen mom so I don't think it should be canceled or taken off the air.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 3:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010