Would you?

would you take your baby to the hospital if her soft spot got hit hard? My8 month old was sitting in front of the couch andmy 2 year old was standing on the couch...I told her to sit down and she jumped in the air and fell on her butt hard...and the heels of her feet hit my 8 month old right on her soft spot hard...cried forever...what would u do?????

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 3:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd err on the side of precaution and take her. Better sooner rather than later.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Check her pupils with a flashlight. If they react to the light evenly then you are ok. But if you are ever not sure...you should bring her in to be seeen.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• unless there was swelling, deep bruising, behavioral changes in the child, listlessness, vomiting, or she became very sleepy, I wouldn't be overly concerned.
    Usually with head injuries that require medical attention, you know it in a hurry. It is when they DO NOT CRY that you should be concerned.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i probably would go and get it checked out, i mean i always worry about my 15month old girl she's fallen out of her highchair when she was 7months old but she was alright cos i lived next door to a nurse
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i always call the pedi for anything but for something like that i would call the pedi before goin to the er
    tcchick2006

Answer by tcchick2006 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, just for safety.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, she should see a doctor to be on the safe side.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010