why am I jealous?

My husband is going to take parenting classes with his bEx girlfriend and there four year old. I know that should be a good thing because he is taking the class but I cant help but be jealous evry time they have to do stuff together.I know he is mine now but I cant help but feel this way! Plese any advise.

momma9-22

Asked by momma9-22 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't see why they would attend together unless court ordered. yes they have a child together ,yes they need to parent this child together. taking the same parenting class together thats a really great idea. but do they have to go at the same time together? anyway you can go too? After all you are in that childs life too and his so why not? You don't want to be overly sensitive and let jelousy create problems between you two. You also don't want to ignore your gut feelings either , if its trying to tell you something ain't right. maybe you should talk to him and ask him why they are taking it at the same time and let him know that it does bother you . maybe making him aware of your feeling will help him to be more sensitive to them. talking to him about it may make you feel a lot better about the situation.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 4:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Just trust him. They have a child together and she is always going to be in his life. Its better to learn to work with it, than fight it.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If you trust him it will be ok and you have nothing to worry about. Trust is key.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Probably because you are insecure.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• That's something you have to over on your own. You knew he had a kid with someone else when you got together with him. It will make your life soooo much easier if you can stop being childish.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It's odd that they would attend together, was it court ordered? I understand your jealousy, but he is likely doing this for his child not his ex, you know?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• That is a tough one to put up with but it seems you are still insecure, even though he is with you and not her.

Answer by older at 3:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I agree with the other answers. Just explain ur feelings to him & ask 2 b included n the parenting classes. That way everybody is on the same page when parenting the child. That should make u feel more secure with their relationship as the babys parents.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You shouldn't have to feel insecure because your boyfriend is attending parenting classes with his childs mother. Whether it was court ordered or not, I applaud any parent that chooses this option because kids do not come with instruction manuals and learning different methods on the same page is key to raising a healthy happy child...Remember the key to it all is a happy child and the benefits that come along with having a happy healthy child...so re-evaluate why you are having these insecurities. Dont make him feel guilty for wanting to help his child...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If you love and support your husband than you should want what is best for his child. Think of it that way.
    Queen2245

Answer by Queen2245 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010