Am I the only one who thinks putting up a christmas tree is a waste of time and money ?

I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old boys, so they are too young to care... plus I have seen them pull stuff off of the babysitters and my mother in laws tree.....

I am also 5 months pregnant and I feel too tired to put a tree up ... I assume we can just make a pile of their presents or we will just go to my parents house if they will let us 9 they already have a tree ) ...

Plus I work all the time it is hard enough to clean my house let alone it would cause more of a mess

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I have an almost 3 year old, a 1 year old, and a newborn.. but I still put a tree for them. I want them to experience the fun times of Christmas, just like I did growing up.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I am sure you are not the only one that thinks this way, but do it to create a tradition, you would be surprised how much those little ones of yours know, or even care. Get a fake one a little one, but don't let those gifts sit on top of each other without the magic of a Christmas tree, specially when you have all that innocence in your house to impress!

Answer by older at 4:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I put one up for my son every year. He was taught to not mess with it. He was also taught about it and allowed to enjoy it and learn about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I still think you should make time to put up at least a little tree. I don't think they are too young to care but that's just me.

I put a tree and did all the Christmas stuff the year I was pregnant with my youngest AND my mom had just passed aways on Dec. 15. You do what you have to do for the kids.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't think it is a waste of time and money. But I understand that you are exhausted with two babies and another on the way. Just put a little one up on a table or a shelf where they can't reach it. Then you can be in the spirit and not have one extra thing to worry about.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• And FAKE trees don't make a mess to clean up! A small one is cheap!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Apparently you are a grump and the magic of Christmas hasn't invaded your heart yet. If you want to deny the kids a Christmas tree and the excitement of waking up to gifts under it on Xmas morning, than be my guest.

How about a shorter pre-lit fake tree while the kids are young??? Maybe it will also help get you into the spirit of Christmas.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yes. cheer up and put up a tree!!!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We don't put up a tree and haven't for years. There are still plenty of ways to make Christmas magical and special without having a tree. It is what you make it.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We didn't even buy DS a present until he was 3, let alone put up a tree.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010