Do you know how to make bakery style muffins?

I have not yet been able to figure out how to get the moist, dense texture of a good bakery muffin! I've tried many, many, MANY recipes to no avail. Anyone out there have any ideas and/or recipes to try??

TwinMomma122304

Asked by TwinMomma122304 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• When I make my banana muffins, it is the amount of moisture to flour ratio. If you are using a quick bread recipe make sure the batter is rather liquidly. Also I have never made muffins with oil. Use milk instead. I know the boxes always say oil, but no bread or muffins that I have made from scratch uses oil, maybe that makes me an oil snob, but I prefer milk in my baking.
    What kind of muffins are you trying to make??
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i wish i could help i would love to know to bake muffins and such like being pregnant and craving such things dont help
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• allrecipes.com Search muffins, if you want a specific kind search _____ muffins. I have found so many recipes there that are better than bakery muffins (well, better than my local bakery's muffins).
    Anonymous

• Hmmm. How much oil? I would think it takes alot of veggie oil.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010