c section or natural

i had a c section 15months ago due to some health problems with me which made my daughter 7weeks prem, now im pregnant again and i have seen my obgyn and she seems to be telling me that i will have another c section, now im english and over in england they give you a chance. now my ob said its cos i have had a c section well this is not a good enough reason im finding it very unfair and unjust, my daughter will be 2years old when this baby is born i want to try naturally i believe i can i do it so shouldnt i be given the chance like over in england gives you a chance

angelbaby1323

Asked by angelbaby1323 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try for natural... very rewarding!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If you had a c-section before, it is safest to have another one. But consult your doctor, they know best.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 4:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Find a new doctor. They can't force you or bully you into a repeat c-section. Look for a practice with a midwife on staff who is experienced with VBAC deliveries.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• And going natural is very rewarding and special. I cried because it was so amazing.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 4:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Having a c-section after a c-section is much more dangerous than having a natural birth, period. It's major abdominal surgery and any second surgery at the same site carries far more risks than the first.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think you deserve a chance, but doctors here try to cover their butt and just go for the sure c-section, find one that will at least allow you to try for natural, there is nothing like it!

Answer by older at 4:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• There is a higher risk of complication with a VBAC, but find the right dr. and the right hospital and unless something comes up they should let you try a natural birth.
    DanyielJ

Answer by DanyielJ at 4:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Find a new doctor or midwife who will help you to do a VBAC. Many doctors won't do it, but that doesn't mean you can't. You just have to find the doctor or birthing center who will support you!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Most Dr.'s push for c-sections these days because they make a lot more money off of them. I would consult a different Dr.

I know a few people who had vaginal births after c-section.

I would rather do vaginal also...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If you feel the doctor is not listening to you, then I would suggest switching to a new doctor and then discuss the matter with him/her and see if it would be possible for you to have a VBAC. While all 3 of mine were c-sections I know there are plenty of people who have been able to have a VBAC. I hope everything works out and you can have the delivery YOU want, and not what someone tells you to have!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010