Why does someone choose to have more than one kid, then, all of a sudden they "can't" do anything anymore because they have too many kids and are so tired?

I mean why have more if you are gonna wuss out and gyp the new kids out of certain traditions and experiences? Why forgo putting up a Christmas tree just because you have 2 kids and one on the way? Why say no you can't come grocery shopping with me, I can't handle all of you? That just baffles me. I babysat 4 other kids when my son was little and I took them all everywhere with me...doctor appointments, school meetings, shopping. How could you not do that with you own kid?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 4:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I totally agree with you Bradenismyson!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Everyones life is different. Depending on the situation maybe they are tired. I mean I know I had a hard time functioning when prego with my second I was so sick, but I tried. Then I think some people are just looking for attention.
    DanyielJ

Answer by DanyielJ at 4:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Guess some people have lower energy levels than others. I wouldn't want to gyp my kids out of anything though. I would just suck it up, no matter how tired I was. Thankfully my husband is very helpful, and if I am exhausted, he takes over for a while!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I whole-heartedly agree. I've done the babysitting/shopping thing too, btw. My 3 plus friends 3 = 6 kids grocery shopping with me.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm guessing you only have one child of your own?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have two toddlers and one on the way.. I love taking my children places with me and I love spending time with them.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, for now. I CHOOSE to not have more to deal with when I couldn't handle it. Although, I did take a good four along with mine all under age 3 to functions.

My co-worker had 4 stairstep kids and took them everywhere and did everything with them. She didn't stop life.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i think having 4,5,6 etc kids when u are not a millionaire is not a good idea imo. because if a regular middle class (or lower class) couple has all these kids the money they have is spread too thin. sometimes parents need to think of college costs. i think it is important to give a child a start in life after high school. some may disagree but its my opinion. that doesn't mean u have to pay for everything while they are going to college but its a parents responsibility to help them transition from being a kid and going out into the real world. right after high school a kid is 18/19 this kid doesn't have any money or life experiences. it would be nice if some parents consider that even before conception.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Who is stopping their life because of more than one kid? Obviously someone rubbed you the wrong way, what happened? That being said, babysitting that many kids and having that many are apples and organges, you must know that right? I have 2 kids. My life changed DRASTICALLY when my 2nd was born. Did I stop living? No, but did things change? Absolutely. I think its very easy to judge something when you don't live it. I always say that I was a much better mother before I had kids, lol. Also, most of my friends have 2 kids, I have just one friend that has one child, her life is 1000 times easier than the rest of ours. LIVE it before you judge. And why do you care anyway? How is someone else's life affecting yours?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• *oranges*
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2010