Does the TSA require muslim women to remove their burka while going through security?

Seriously, I gotta get me one of those babies! Better, yet, I'll just convert to Islam all the way so I can get treated with respect in America!

Great TSA song: LINK

"Enhanced pat-downs" for Muslims: LINK

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• no i dont think the tsa requires us to remove the burka while going thru security.

aasiya

Answer by aasiya at 4:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yet, I've seen pictures of TSA agents patting down shirtless toddlers! RIIIIIIGHT! This all makes sense! Let's not offend a grown woman who BELIEVES in something and bend the rules for HER about "showing" skin and who can see it, versus innocent TODDLERS who have no idea of what is going on and why!!! Lets strip the little kids naked, take pictures, post them on the news, and then say THAT is ok....good grief! Our priorities are so messed up and we live in such a contradictory, weak state of mind!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think this would be wrong and an infringement on personal rights. Does security require anyone else to remove a sweatshirt? I can understand being patted down if the metal detector goes off, but really.
    night__wolf_

Answer by night__wolf_ at 4:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm very much UNCONCERNED about the issue.

PERIOD.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• NOPE!! In fact CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations) a.k.a. Hamas, issued a press release INSTRUCTING Muslim women who wear a hijab how to AVOID being patted down OR going through the full body scanners...as it would be a violation of their religion!! And the "kicker" is Homeland Security Chief Janet Napoitano, is okay with it!!

ANYONE (including MEN) could be under that burqua--but God forbid we PROFILE people based on BODY LANGUAGE and MICRO-EXPRESSIONS!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• thunderlight, do you have a link to that?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I've had to take off coats, yes, sweatshirts, blazers, etc when traveling. What's the difference? Just because of personal belief and choice of religion? THAT is not fair! Let's start a belief about creepy detectors and people touching us. They are all bad and we will burn in hell if used or touched. Does that give me a free pass to go through security without inspection?
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• link to what?
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Removing this hijab is not required because it is a violation of a persons rights. But why is it ok for TSA to violate the rest of us?????
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• MustbeGrace, are you really unconcerned about nuns, old ladies, and toddlers being patted down? Are you ok, with all the backup and slowing down because we all have to remove jackets, scarves, and shoes? Are you ok with a young mother being held for an hour and missing her flight because she asked that her breastmilk not pass through an xray? You're ok with them seeing your naked body, fine, but do you have any respect for the rights of someone who does not want their naked body being seen?

This is exactly what worries me: too many people who don't care and will not be willing to stand for the freedoms of others.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010