What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Since it is the holiday season now I wanted to know different traditions people have. My family's favorite traditions are tracking Santa on the Norad website on Christmas eve and watching Rudolph together :)

MonkeyPeanut79

Asked by MonkeyPeanut79 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• I love all our family's Christmas traditions so much. They include picking out and decorating the tree together. We used to write a joint letter to Santa on Christmas eve (usually after church) and leave it with the milk and cookie. We'd always have an answer in the morning with our stockings (in red caligraphy)
    My Mom makes a sour cream coffee cake - so breakfast is ready when we get up (smart woman)
    All the kids used to sleep together in one room Christmas eve too. (perhaps so that my parents only had to watch one door)
    Also in the morning we used to grab our stockings and open them all together on my parents bed. My LO is only 2 this year, so we haven't started that tradition yet
    Then we each take turns grabing one present from under the tree, read the tag and give it to the right person, wait for them to open it, then the next person chooses one. It gave us an apreciation of giving more than getting that I Love!
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 4:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have so many,lol. I love Christmas. We have to watch Rudolph,Frosty,The Grinch,and of course,Miracle on 34th Street.
    On Christmas Eve we exchange polyannas gifts,lite dinner at my oldest daughter house.
    Christmas morning,we say why we celebrate Christmas over breakfast,oh, did mentioned the grands usually run down steps at 4am.
    Around 3-4pm,all the daughters and grands come to our house for dinner and exchange and get their gifts from us.
    HAPPY,HAPPY,HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2010