Have you every been around mothers that u dont think should be mothers?

I say this because today i had to deal wit my step sons mother. The school called her 12 times and she didnt answer. Tre was sick and throwing up so my sisterwent to get him. When we do finally get intouch with her shes yelling that shes calling the police. Doesnt say one word about or ask how her son is doing. That is trifling as many parents say that their baby daddy dont do anything she does not have that problem.This is not the first time. She has kept him out of school sayin hes sick but took him to get his hair done. It is to the point that he has missed 11 days of school. What do u do with people like this?

maire1988

Asked by maire1988 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would personally do everything I could to have the custody order redone. Maybe have it say that BOTH sets of parents have to take parenting classes and do this and that. The reason I say both is that she's already causing issues if she feels you're trying to single her out then she could retaliate and no one wants that.

As for your question overall I don't think there are people who shouldn't be parents I just think there are people who need alot of help understanding how to be a parent. (Of course this doesn't refer to those that kill there kids or abuse them they are a breed unto their own who do not deserve the right to be known as a person.)
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yeah.. its ad.. to see kids really not be taken care of. always dirty.. being hurt and screamed at all the time.. parents who think its okay to sit and get drunk with their babies right there! there is a girl that use to work with me for w while last summer.. she thinks that its okay to havepeople over for parties and whatever... she just locked the three kids that are all under 3 in their shared bedroom....no matter what time it is...she got hotlined alot but her stepmom worked in the social office and warned her everytme before the people came... its gross
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 4:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yes
    Emilypit

Answer by Emilypit at 4:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yes, alot actually
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yes my sil an brother. only 2 things you can do. ignore her behavior and do nothing. you could also document everything, and eventually call in dfs. goodluck .
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 4:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• yeah my cousins are like that! they had my mom watch their 2 kids (3years old and 7months) so they could get drunk and high that night and then the kids grandma came and got them and watched them until sunday night! they went all weekend with out seeing their kids so they could party! oh and the 3 year old is still in diapers and she changes her own diapers now! since she has never been taught how to use the real potty! WTH!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, alot lately. I live next door to one. I would say parenting classes are a good start. If you ever go to court or mediation......the mediator might suggest she go to the clases. They are a great source of info! I say that because mediation made us go, but because i made a fuss at the time due to father not making good decisions. He made his fuss and we both had to go! I did'nt feel it right that i had to go because i had the kids at the time and had his time on weekends but we went.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 8:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have a "You hold her down I'll tie her tubes" moment, just about daily!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2010