Is it possible to lose 15 pds in a month?

So I and the Family are going to see the in-laws in a month in California. I will admit i put on a few pounds. But is it even possible to lose 10 to 15 in a month without killing yourself. and is it true that i can lose pounds by cutting the sweets out?  Also this may sound dumb but what is carbohydrates?

Vmahoney

Asked by Vmahoney at 4:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, you can, and cutting sweets and carbohydrates can do wonders for weight loss.

Answer by older at 4:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Not if you are at or close to a healthy weight -
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 4:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• if u go jogging. that melts the lbs away for me. it also depends on your metabolism.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No that would be very unhealthy if you lost that much in a month you should at least lose a lb or 2 once a week you should be able to lose at least 7 lbs in a month i hope this helped :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think it may be possible, but real tough. I am sure you look great, don't worry-Calif. people are not skinny here anymore. I moved here last year & thought I would feel fat, but they all look normal now. (not sure why you want to lose it, though) lol
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That's not a good idea for anyone to loose that much that fast. Loosing weight is a long process and the only thing that comes off quickly is water weight, nothing else. It takes time. You can safely loose about 8 to 10 pounds in a month but more than that I wouldn't recommend it. Carbs come in forms of breads, rolls, cake and cookies to candy bars and pasta. White flour isn't so great for you either-- that's why they suggest whole grains; they stick with you longer, have more fiber (which helps you stay fuller longer and helps your digestive tract) and its better for your overall health. Hope this helps!

roseisrose

Answer by roseisrose at 10:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes there is something called the 17 day diet you can google it i think their website is www.the17daydiet.com its all about eating the right foods and naturally cleans your body. It is written by an actual dr. Good Luck!!
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 5:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks doin low carb , the bigger you are when you start low carb usually the more you lose than someone with not alot of weight to lose when you start , various things contribute also
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Cutting out sweets, carbs, drinking water
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011