What is some good advice for new moms??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Dont be so hard on yourself. I am here to tell you as the mother of 5..the oldest of which is 24 and the youngest is 4, that the small stuff can seem big, but let it go. My kids had an occasional popsicle for breakfast, got dirty, stayed up late from time to time for a special occasion, jumped on the bed every once in awhile, had a binky until the age of 4, one wore a pull up at night until kindergarden. These things are NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Worry about education, health, and manners etc. The content of their character is most important...that and above all else, love!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Remember to take time for yourself and that although you SO/DH might not do things exactly like you it is okay. I remember when my kids where little I would leave them with my husband and go to the store for 1/2 hour. He never did things the way I would and that was okay. I figured as long as they where happy, and feed they where okay. You both brought this child into the world you can both learn to care for him/her.

Good Luck and go with your gut, you will usually know what is best!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Now THAT'S a broad question. And we are limited in space for answering. Can you be a bit more specific?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Learn not to stress over every little thing. Every child is different and will learn at their own pace, don't freak out when they get hurt, they will get many bumps and bruises and most importantly listen to your instincts, you will know whats best for your baby.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Don't take other mom's advice for more than a grain of salt! :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010