If your Formula feed what kind of formula do you use and why??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• i used similac sensetive for both my kids b/c they had lactose sensetivity
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Silimlac alimentum. Because after 6 mo, my daughters diagnosis of "colic" seemed unrealistic. Within 24 hours of the switch it was like having a new baby. She never had colic- she was lactose sensative the whole time. Just because their doctors doesnt mean their right =/
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I used Enfamil, at the suggestion of my doc and the nurses in NICU.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My son stated on formula around 4 or 5 days old, give or take. We fell upon good start supreme (in the orange can) because we hadn't planned on formula feeding when I sent my husband into the store I said "just get the most expensive one there"! thinking it'd be the best for the baby. son liked it fine and when his sister was born 19mos later she had the same thing although thankfully since it wasnt a new product anymore it wasnt sooooooooooooo pricey
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We used regular Enfamil with our oldest two (before the added lipil stuff). Then we used store brand plain with iron (non extra added stuff) with our next two because it didn't agree with them. With our last he is on store brand (doesn't matter which store we get it from) sensitive or gentle (like Enfamil Gentlease). The gentle kind works the best but the store closest to us doesn't carry it in store brand so we get sensitive (which is lactose free). It's okay but still upsets his stomach some. He's 4 1/2 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We supplemented with formula for my oldest. We always used Similac, the one in the pink can, cause he had belly issues. WIC covered it, which was why we chose that brand, and because it was one of the few we tried that didn't upset his belly. Had we been buying it out of pocket we would have used Parents Choice, he liked that one too...

With the second we didn't use any, and I don't know about the third yet...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Oh wow...it has been about 40 years but I think it was Enfamil. In cans. I mixed it with boiled water and boiled the bottles, nipples and caps to sterilize them....it was quite a project! :-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I like good start.......have used similac and isomil, but goodstart always did really well in their tummys.......
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• NEstle good start
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I attempted to bf at first, but then we used Enfamil Lipil--at first just as a supplement then later all the time. It was high in DHA, and I liked that it mixed well and looked very similar in color and consistency to the expressed breast milk. I tried Similac once, and I found it really grainy and gross. My SIL loves the Similac Sensitive (?) for her girls though. I guess that's why there's so many brands--to meet both the parents preferences and babies needs and preferences. Nutritionally they're very similar, so I'm sure any choice is fine unless they have stomach issues. One thing I do know is that it's best not to switch back and forth much unless they are having problems. It takes a little time to adjust to a new formula.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010